UPDATE: Baby Found Dead In Gas Station Trash Can
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
WATERFORD (CBS13) – Surveillance video has not been able to offer additional clues into who dumped a baby in garbage can in Waterford last week.
Detectives searched through 10 hours of surveillance tape looking for clues into who dumped a baby in a trash can at “Bait and Barn” gas station last Thursday night, but they say the camera angle and volume of vehicles prevented them from getting a good look.
The baby’s age and gender have still not been released by authorities.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department said a man was searching for aluminum cans in a small garbage can next to the gas pumps when he found an unresponsive baby wrapped in a blanket at 9:22 p.m.
When fire department responders arrived at the scene, the baby was pronounced dead.
The baby’s age, gender and identity have still not been released.
›› Watch the original report