Big Rig Flips On Highway 99 Spilling Load Of Potatoes
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – It was a mashed-up mess on Highway 99 in Elk Grove this morning after a big rig flipped spilled its load of potatoes across the freeway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers say the big rig driver was hauling potatoes along southbound Highway 99 at Grantline Road when he fell asleep behind the wheel.
The rig drifted off the freeway and into the guardrail causing the truck to flip and catch fire. The accident also sent potatoes flying across the road.
The truck is destroyed. The driver wasn’t hurt and no other cars were involved.
The southbound lanes of Highway 99 were shutdown until 6:00 a.m. when crews were finally able to clear the accident.