Big Rig Flips On Highway 99 Spilling Load Of Potatoes
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – It was a mashed-up mess on Highway 99 in Elk Grove this morning after a big rig flipped spilled its load of potatoes across the freeway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers say the big rig driver was hauling potatoes along southbound Highway 99 at Grantline Road when he fell asleep behind the wheel.
The rig drifted off the freeway and into the guardrail causing the truck to flip and catch fire. The accident also sent potatoes flying across the road.
The truck is destroyed. The driver wasn’t hurt and no other cars were involved.
The southbound lanes of Highway 99 were shutdown until 6:00 a.m. when crews were finally able to clear the accident.