Big Rig Flips On Highway 99 Spilling Load Of Potatoes
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – It was a mashed-up mess on Highway 99 in Elk Grove this morning after a big rig flipped spilled its load of potatoes across the freeway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers say the big rig driver was hauling potatoes along southbound Highway 99 at Grantline Road when he fell asleep behind the wheel.
The rig drifted off the freeway and into the guardrail causing the truck to flip and catch fire. The accident also sent potatoes flying across the road.
The truck is destroyed. The driver wasn’t hurt and no other cars were involved.
The southbound lanes of Highway 99 were shutdown until 6:00 a.m. when crews were finally able to clear the accident.