Big Rig Flips On Highway 99 Spilling Load Of Potatoes
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – It was a mashed-up mess on Highway 99 in Elk Grove this morning after a big rig flipped spilled its load of potatoes across the freeway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
CHP officers say the big rig driver was hauling potatoes along southbound Highway 99 at Grantline Road when he fell asleep behind the wheel.
The rig drifted off the freeway and into the guardrail causing the truck to flip and catch fire. The accident also sent potatoes flying across the road.
The truck is destroyed. The driver wasn’t hurt and no other cars were involved.
The southbound lanes of Highway 99 were shutdown until 6:00 a.m. when crews were finally able to clear the accident.