Man Pleads Guilty To Hate Crime Beating In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A local man has pleaded guilty to a hate crime beating outside an Elk Grove bowling alley earlier this year.
Thirty-year-old Joel Olivarez attacked Seth Parker in the parking lot of Strikes Bowling alley on June 5, 2011 after yelling gay slurs at him. He now faces 4-6 years in prison.
Parker suffered multiple fractures around his eye and nerve damage.
“Hopefully, this investigation and arrest will serve as a message to those who not only would commit a criminal act but would do so motivated by hate or bias,” said Elk Grove Police Chief Robert M. Lehner.