Man Pleads Guilty To Hate Crime Beating In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A local man has pleaded guilty to a hate crime beating outside an Elk Grove bowling alley earlier this year.
Thirty-year-old Joel Olivarez attacked Seth Parker in the parking lot of Strikes Bowling alley on June 5, 2011 after yelling gay slurs at him. He now faces 4-6 years in prison.
Parker suffered multiple fractures around his eye and nerve damage.
“Hopefully, this investigation and arrest will serve as a message to those who not only would commit a criminal act but would do so motivated by hate or bias,” said Elk Grove Police Chief Robert M. Lehner.