Man Pleads Guilty To Hate Crime Beating In Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – A local man has pleaded guilty to a hate crime beating outside an Elk Grove bowling alley earlier this year.
Thirty-year-old Joel Olivarez attacked Seth Parker in the parking lot of Strikes Bowling alley on June 5, 2011 after yelling gay slurs at him. He now faces 4-6 years in prison.
Parker suffered multiple fractures around his eye and nerve damage.
“Hopefully, this investigation and arrest will serve as a message to those who not only would commit a criminal act but would do so motivated by hate or bias,” said Elk Grove Police Chief Robert M. Lehner.