One Person Dies, One Injured In Manteca Train Vs. SUV
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MANTECA (CBS13) – One person has died and another seriously hurt after the SUV they were in was hit by a train in Manteca.
The accident happened just after noon on North Walnut Avenue.
The SUV was headed south on North Walnut and was struck by a train headed Northwest.
The impact sent the SUV flying about 100 feet where it crashed through a fence and landed upside down in the side yard of a home.
Witnesses told emergency crews that the driver of the SUV tried to beat the train but didn’t make it.
The injured man was taken to the hospital but the extent of his injuries was not immediately known.