One Person Dies, One Injured In Manteca Train Vs. SUV
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – One person has died and another seriously hurt after the SUV they were in was hit by a train in Manteca.
The accident happened just after noon on North Walnut Avenue.
The SUV was headed south on North Walnut and was struck by a train headed Northwest.
The impact sent the SUV flying about 100 feet where it crashed through a fence and landed upside down in the side yard of a home.
Witnesses told emergency crews that the driver of the SUV tried to beat the train but didn’t make it.
The injured man was taken to the hospital but the extent of his injuries was not immediately known.