One Person Dies, One Injured In Manteca Train Vs. SUV
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MANTECA (CBS13) – One person has died and another seriously hurt after the SUV they were in was hit by a train in Manteca.
The accident happened just after noon on North Walnut Avenue.
The SUV was headed south on North Walnut and was struck by a train headed Northwest.
The impact sent the SUV flying about 100 feet where it crashed through a fence and landed upside down in the side yard of a home.
Witnesses told emergency crews that the driver of the SUV tried to beat the train but didn’t make it.
The injured man was taken to the hospital but the extent of his injuries was not immediately known.