One Person Dies, One Injured In Manteca Train Vs. SUV
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
MANTECA (CBS13) – One person has died and another seriously hurt after the SUV they were in was hit by a train in Manteca.
The accident happened just after noon on North Walnut Avenue.
The SUV was headed south on North Walnut and was struck by a train headed Northwest.
The impact sent the SUV flying about 100 feet where it crashed through a fence and landed upside down in the side yard of a home.
Witnesses told emergency crews that the driver of the SUV tried to beat the train but didn’t make it.
The injured man was taken to the hospital but the extent of his injuries was not immediately known.