WEATHER: Wet weather expected in our region all week. | Latest forecast | Get the CBS13 weather app
Weather center | Share your photos | Follow us on Facebook

Roseville Resident’s Call Leads To Arrest of Catalytic Converter Suspects

ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — Roseville police are crediting a resident in helping lead to the arrest of four Sacramento men suspected in a rash of catalytic converter thefts.

At 3:42 Thursday morning, a resident of the Crocker Ranch/Diamond Creek area called police to report seeing two men working under a vehicle near her home, possibly stealing the catalytic converter.

Numerous Roseville officers converged on the area and soon had three suspects in custody. A fourth suspect got away but was arrested later in Sacramento.

Officers found several catalytic converters inside the suspects’ van that police believe were stolen during the night from the Roseville and Rocklin areas.

The following suspects, all Sacramento residents, are in custody on suspicion of grand theft, possession of stolen property and other related charges: Jovi Toua Vang, 20; Cai Vang, 19; Chee Jeff Vang, 20; and Tou Vang, 25.

Area law enforcement agencies are working cooperatively to stop an unprecedented epidemic of metal thefts in the region. The following agencies assisted in Thursday morning’s investigation: CHP, Sacramento Police Department, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, Sacramento County Probation, SacCATS (Sacramento’s auto theft task force), Placer County’s Regional Auto Theft Task Force, Rocklin Police Department and Folsom Police Department.

These agencies are also working together to identify scrap metal recyclers who continue to pay for the stolen metal.

Police urge residents to protect their vehicles by parking them inside locked garages whenever possible and to immediately report any suspicious activity to authorities.

1. Victimnomore says:

Having been a victim of cat converter theft myself, I hope that every one of these dirt balls gets the chair. I hate thieves-I absolutely hate them.

2. David Lee says:

No need to have a trial – if they however, how about having them try to steal a catalytic converter while the car is running with their bare hands? ROT IN JAIL!

3. rmcsticks says:

nice hair cut loser, you are such POS losers, I for one have a bullet with your name on it, come and get it !

4. CuaYaj says:

Omg! They are too young. They should at least no matter what always try to do things legally and positive. I guess they chose that path. Their life should be having fun and continuing your education, etc. – live life happily, not in jail when you are just only around their 20’s. I am around my 20’s, I’m enjoying life. I guess they need lesson, if they don’t stop, that lesson will carry on.

5. Mz. Sh0rTy says:

As you all can see, these fools are cracker head. They need the mulas to feed their needs. I hope this is a lesson to all thieve, you might get away but soon karma will catch up.

6. ChiaYang says:

OMG! SUCH LOZERS! My catalytic converter was stolen off my car three weeks ago. UHG!

7. vajhuamsibluag says:

My cat converter was cut off from my truck few months ago. Police should get the leader from these guys. People/stores that bought these stolen metal must be in jail too.

8. jenn xiong says:

My 2009 tundra converter was cut 2 months ago and it cost me $3,500.00 to get it fix so I think these guys should be put away for a long time and rock in jail!!!!