UPDATE: Fairfield Structure Fire Prompts Five Alarms
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Solano County and Fairfield firefighters battled a structure fire in the city Friday night that required a fifth alarm for response and backup.
The structure fire was at 744 Empire Street at the Empire Professional Building, and firefighters on scene were reporting heavy smoke and flames coming from the building.
The office building houses legal offices, doctor’s offices, a property management company, American Cancer Society and Easter Seals offices.
“All my records are gone. All my notes are gone. Everything recorded is gone,” said psychologist Sheila Zarb-Harper, who was still in the building when the fire started.
She believes she and a friend where the only ones in the building when it caught fire. They were the ones that called 911.
Homes are across the street, but firefighters were able to contain the fire to just the 20,000-square-foot building.