UPDATE: Motorcyclist Identified In Roseville Fatal Accident
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — The motorcyclist who died after being ejected from his bike after colliding with a pickup Thursday night was identified Friday as Grant Alan Severson, 42, of Roseville.
The accident happened at 5:24 p.m. at the intersection of Pleasant Grove and Washington boulevards. Severson was riding a 1981
Kawasaki motorcycle west on Pleasant Grove and collided with a 1998 Mazda pickup driven by a 61-year-old man from Roseville whose name wasn’t released.
After being ejected from his bike, Severson landed on a 2008 Audi sedan stopped in the left turn lane of eastbound Pleasant Grove.
Paramedics pronounced Severson dead at the scene. No one else reported being injured.
The intersection remained closed to traffic until about 2 a.m. Friday while the Roseville Police Department’s Major Accident Investigation Team examined the scene.
During the preliminary investigation, witnesses said the motorcyclist ran the red light and collided with the pickup. There were no signs that alcohol contributed to the collision, but toxicology results are pending.
A full investigation will be conducted before a final conclusion is determined about the cause of the collision.