UPDATE: Motorcyclist Identified In Roseville Fatal Accident
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — The motorcyclist who died after being ejected from his bike after colliding with a pickup Thursday night was identified Friday as Grant Alan Severson, 42, of Roseville.
The accident happened at 5:24 p.m. at the intersection of Pleasant Grove and Washington boulevards. Severson was riding a 1981
Kawasaki motorcycle west on Pleasant Grove and collided with a 1998 Mazda pickup driven by a 61-year-old man from Roseville whose name wasn’t released.
After being ejected from his bike, Severson landed on a 2008 Audi sedan stopped in the left turn lane of eastbound Pleasant Grove.
Paramedics pronounced Severson dead at the scene. No one else reported being injured.
The intersection remained closed to traffic until about 2 a.m. Friday while the Roseville Police Department’s Major Accident Investigation Team examined the scene.
During the preliminary investigation, witnesses said the motorcyclist ran the red light and collided with the pickup. There were no signs that alcohol contributed to the collision, but toxicology results are pending.
A full investigation will be conducted before a final conclusion is determined about the cause of the collision.