UPDATE: Motorcyclist Identified In Roseville Fatal Accident
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — The motorcyclist who died after being ejected from his bike after colliding with a pickup Thursday night was identified Friday as Grant Alan Severson, 42, of Roseville.
The accident happened at 5:24 p.m. at the intersection of Pleasant Grove and Washington boulevards. Severson was riding a 1981
Kawasaki motorcycle west on Pleasant Grove and collided with a 1998 Mazda pickup driven by a 61-year-old man from Roseville whose name wasn’t released.
After being ejected from his bike, Severson landed on a 2008 Audi sedan stopped in the left turn lane of eastbound Pleasant Grove.
Paramedics pronounced Severson dead at the scene. No one else reported being injured.
The intersection remained closed to traffic until about 2 a.m. Friday while the Roseville Police Department’s Major Accident Investigation Team examined the scene.
During the preliminary investigation, witnesses said the motorcyclist ran the red light and collided with the pickup. There were no signs that alcohol contributed to the collision, but toxicology results are pending.
A full investigation will be conducted before a final conclusion is determined about the cause of the collision.