Thieves Vandalizes 9 Vehicles At Woodland Dealership
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — Thieves targeted a Woodland car dealership over the weekend, breaking into nine vehicles.
“Whoever did it knew what they were doing,” Woodland police Sgt. Darren Imus said. “They knew exactly what they wanted.”
The thiefs were after navigation units, sometimes taking the full center console, and five catalytic converters were also ripped off.
“They knock out the passenger window, lay down a rug or a blanket, climb out and it’s a clean break,” said Jim Taylor, general sales manager at Woodland Motors.
Imus said Woodland is the latest dealership to be hit recently.
“It actually occurred in Dublin, Concord and Walnut Creek,” he said.
Officers believe the thefts could be related.
“I was talking to one other dealer and they said they had him on camera and three vehicles in eight minutes had the units out,” Taylor said.
Police say this wasn’t the work of an amateur.
“It was surgically removed the way they did it, with virtually leaving no trace the unit was in there,” Imus said.