Search Under Way In Half Moon Bay For Missing Boater
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
HALF MOON BAY (AP) — Coast Guard crews are searching for a 64-year-old man who went missing after taking his boat out on a fishing trip off a Half Moon Bay harbor.
Coast Guard Petty Officer Pamela Boehland said Shau Tsu Wong’s son reported him missing late Thursday night.
Wong of San Ramon had apparently gone out crab fishing from Pillar Point Harbor in his 18-foot boat a day earlier, but did not return home as expected.
Boehland said his truck was found at the harbor.
The Coast Guard is using helicopters, planes and boats to search the area up to 25 miles offshore from Half Moon Bay to Pigeon Point. Crews are also walking the shoreline.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)