Pastor Found Guilty Of Sexually Abusing Teen Girl
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A local pastor who met his victim at church was found guilty of sexually abusing the teen girl, Sacramento County District Attorney Jan Scully announced Thursday.
Cornelius Taylor was convicted by jury on eight counts of sexual assault against a minor.
According to Scully, the victim had a very troubled life with no family support, which led to her spending a lot of time with Taylor at the church. Taylor and his wife offered to let the victim live with them, and she eventually moved in with them at age 16. Taylor went into her bedroom and sexually assaulted her several times a week, and continued the assaults even after the victim turned 18 years old.
Taylor faces a sentence of seven years, eight months in prison. Sentencing is set for March 9.