Woman Drives Car Into Ocean In San Francisco
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Authorities have pulled a car out of the surf on San Francisco’s Ocean Beach after a woman apparently drove it into the water.
Fire officials say they arrived around 6:30 a.m. Friday to find the woman sitting in her partially submerged Lexus. Rescuers waded into the water and pulled the unidentified woman out.
Fire Capt. Jeanne Seyfer says the woman used a ramp to get onto the beach and drove about 350 feet over sand before coming to a stop in the water. Seyfer says authorities don’t know why she drove there or if she was intoxicated.
She suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.
The Lexus remained in the surf for hours, as authorities waited for low tide. They removed the car around 1:45 p.m.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)