Blogger Wants To Eat At Every Restaurant In Roseville

By Melissa Cabral

ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Sean Carter is writing about his experience as he devours the long list of restaurants in the city of Roseville.

“Yeah, that’s very good,” said Carter.

Sean Carter may not be the first to do it.

“I’m trying to go through every restaurant in Roseville,” said Carter.

But he’s the first to write about it in a blog appropriately named Eating Through Roseville.

“It’s almost like a job; a fun, delicious job,” said Carter.

He says his criteria are simple. Chain restaurants as well as coffee smoothie and yogurt shops are off the table.

“There’s plenty of places you just drive by; holes in the wall you don’t think about; those are the places I’m trying to find,” said Carter.

He wants to do the tasting first so you don’t have to. Carter says the best part of his endeavor is discovering new restaurants. He claims there are 200.

“I would never guess there’s that many,” said Carter.

So in the six months since beginning his blogging adventure and he’s already been to 51.

We came along for number 52: Country Gables on Washington Street, where he tried the eggs benedict and 53: Pacific Street Café.

“We hope he gives us great reviews. So he tried the cinnamon french toast which is everyone’s favorite, so that’s a great choice,” said a server.

Carter takes pictures to post and then divulges each delicious detail.

“If i put it in my mouth and it tastes good then it was a good restaurant,” said Carter.

He may not be a trained food critic, but this electrical engineer-turned-blogger loves food.

“They don’t compare. You’re going out to eat having a good time. It’s nothing like work,” said Carter.

He says his favorite dish so far is the candied bacon lettuce tomato sandwich from Boxing Donkey.

Paul Martin’s and Crush follow behind as his favorite restaurants to eat.

Comments

1. not news says:

What? Why is this in the news?

2. classic... says:

steer clear of “Denny’s Cafe” man…

3. Nena says:

I think it’s great for our industry, we’ve really been hit hard, I appreciate his efforts to check out only privately owned restaurants also!! Thank-You very much, but holy cow…that beard freaks me out…I kept waiting for food to drop into it!!

4. stan atkinson says:

And this……THIS is frickin’ newsworthy?

5. gna says:

OK so your self employed, good luck..

6. Rusty says:

Why not? Show local business some love and get ’em some free pub on top of it.

7. Babs says:

Having just left Roseville, there are a TON of places to eat and shop. Hope he has weight watchers on speed dial. As for news, no, its not, but its soooo much better than all the death and destruction news. News does not HAVE to be something earthshattering, it can just be what another human on the planet is doing.

8. WhatYaGive says:

Having left the roseville/rocklin area myself after 15 or so years in Sacramento I would have to say unfortunately the majority of my eating experience were fast food drive-thru’s – Good luck Sean and thanks for passing the coke codes you may get my way! http://www.whatyagive.com

9. quick healthy meals says:

You’re in reality a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a fantastic job in this topic!