Body Of Missing Elk Grove Teen Recovered From Sacramento River
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) - Three days after Shabnam Amadyar, a diagnosed schizophrenic, disappeared, a body matching the 15-year-old’s description was recovered from the Sacramento River near Hood Monday evening.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office confirmed Tuesday that the body found was that of Ahmadyar.
The teen was last seen Friday when she left for a jog from her south Elk Grove home.
Dive teams searched the waters of the Sacramento River after items of the missing teen’s clothing were discovered on a dock.
On Monday night around 6:53, divers located the body of a female teenager about 10 to 15 feet from the dock, about 20 to 30 feet underwater. Elk Grove Police believed it was the body of Shabnam based on the physical description and description of clothing given by Shabnam’s family.
Several family members who had gathered near the location were informed of the discovery by law enforcement personnel shortly after 7 p.m.
An autopsy will determine the cause of death.