Two Manteca Men Accused Of Running Steroid Operation
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – Two Manteca men have been arrested after police say they were receiving steroids from Hong Kong to be manufactured and sold.
The Manteca Police Street Crimes Unit conducted a probation search on the 300 block of N. Lincoln Avenue on Tuesday and arrested Christopher Weise, 38, and David Brandow, 45.
Both were charged with the manufacture of controlled substances and possession for sale of controlled substances. Weise was also charged with being felon in Possession of a firearm and ammunition.
Manteca police located more than 2 pounds of various types of steroids in powder form awaiting manufacture into liquid for injection. More than 200 doses had already been produced and more were awaiting packaging, police said.
The suspects were also producing oral supplements such as Creatine in capsule form, as well as capsules of Viagra and Cialis variations to counteract the effects of steroids on the body, police said. Various products used for the manufacture of steroid products were found throughout the residence.
The suspects went so far as to use “safety seals” and holographic items to give the items an appearance of legitimacy, police said.
A rifle, sawed-off shotgun and hundreds of rounds of various sized ammunition were recovered by detectives, in addition to almost $7,000 in cash.