Facebook Comments Reportedly Trigger Large Female Fight
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – More than 30 women brawled in the street, all reportedly over Facebook posts.
“I saw the girls yelling and pushing each other and one girl tried to push them apart,” one witness said of the fight in Del Paso Heights on Sunday.
“People shouldn’t be posting their business on Facebook,” said another woman.
It happened on Grand Avenue and Clay Street when police responded to reports of a large fight with women swinging fists and baseball bats. All suspects had fled by the time officers arrived.
“Two people really sustained major injuries,” Sacramento Police Sgt. Andrew Pettit said. “Those two people were reportedly hit with bats and they went to the hospital requiring stitches.”
Police say one of the women in the group broke a glass candleholder from a nearby memorial and used it as a weapon before heading into the convenience store.
“Two of the women came in here and bought drinks,” Patricia Brandon said. “They looked angry and tired, I guess from fighting.”
This time it was a mob of women fighting over Facebook, but business owners nearby say witnessing violence is nothing new.
“Around here? It happens a lot,” Brandon said. “It doesn’t surprise me.”