Suspect Arrested In Elk Grove Shooting Death Of 19-Year-Old
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – The suspect in the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old Sunday night in Elk Grove has been arrested, according to officials.
Elk Grove police arrested 25-year-old Ryan Alan Hays at a home in Stanislaus County on Wednesday evening in connection with the shooting death of Joseph Oropesa.
Elk Grove officers, with assistance from the Sacramento County Regional Gang Task Force and the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, made the arrest. Officers also recovered the 1992 Ford Explorer that was taken during the shooting.
“I’m so thankful to all the people that called and told what they knew of him,” said Joseph’s mother, Jennifer.
The family staged a memorial near where Oropesa was shot that included posters asking people to come forward with information on Hays’ whereabouts.
Oropesa was gunned down in the parking lot of Dimple Records at 9692 Elk Grove Florin Road just before 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
After getting several tips, police identified Hays as the suspect in the shooting.
Hays has been booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of murder, robbery and carjacking. Officers have not yet recovered the gun used in the crime.