Two Pedestrians Hit By Driver Who Had Been Shot In Modesto
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police say a driver who had been shot slammed into two parked cars, took out a fire hydrant and hit two pedestrians before
The shooting happened on Hammond Street near Robertson Road Park in west Modesto just after 7 Wednesday night.
Police believe the victim, a 21-year-old Modesto resident, and a 18-year-old friend were at the park earlier in the evening and got into some kind of altercation with a group of males.
When the two tried to leave the park in a BMW, someone within the group fired several shots at the car. The victim, who was shot at least once, continued to speed away.
He hit a car, ran over a fire hydrant, and struck two pedestrians before hitting a second parked car.
The driver of the BMW was taken to the hospital and is in critical condition. The pedestrians were also taken to the hospital with broken bones.
The shooting victim’s friend was unharmed.
Modesto Police are investigating the possibility that the shooting may be gang-related.
The suspect is being described as a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing about 280 pounds.