Two Pedestrians Hit By Driver Who Had Been Shot In Modesto
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police say a driver who had been shot slammed into two parked cars, took out a fire hydrant and hit two pedestrians before
The shooting happened on Hammond Street near Robertson Road Park in west Modesto just after 7 Wednesday night.
Police believe the victim, a 21-year-old Modesto resident, and a 18-year-old friend were at the park earlier in the evening and got into some kind of altercation with a group of males.
When the two tried to leave the park in a BMW, someone within the group fired several shots at the car. The victim, who was shot at least once, continued to speed away.
He hit a car, ran over a fire hydrant, and struck two pedestrians before hitting a second parked car.
The driver of the BMW was taken to the hospital and is in critical condition. The pedestrians were also taken to the hospital with broken bones.
The shooting victim’s friend was unharmed.
Modesto Police are investigating the possibility that the shooting may be gang-related.
The suspect is being described as a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing about 280 pounds.