Sinkhole Closes Road Near Beale Air Force Base
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) – A road near Beale Air Force Base is closed for a few days because of a sinkhole.
The sinkhole is nearly 20 feet deep and up to 12 feet wide at Doolittle Drive and Hammonton Smartville Road at the north side of the air force base.
Orange safety cones surround the sinkhole, which is currently covered by a heavy steel plate.
The road is closed from Chuck Yeager for westbound traffic and Brophy Road for eastbound drivers.
No word on what caused the piece of road to collapse.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper says the road could be closed up to a week for the repairs.