Sinkhole Closes Road Near Beale Air Force Base
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) – A road near Beale Air Force Base is closed for a few days because of a sinkhole.
The sinkhole is nearly 20 feet deep and up to 12 feet wide at Doolittle Drive and Hammonton Smartville Road at the north side of the air force base.
Orange safety cones surround the sinkhole, which is currently covered by a heavy steel plate.
The road is closed from Chuck Yeager for westbound traffic and Brophy Road for eastbound drivers.
No word on what caused the piece of road to collapse.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper says the road could be closed up to a week for the repairs.