Sinkhole Closes Road Near Beale Air Force Base
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) – A road near Beale Air Force Base is closed for a few days because of a sinkhole.
The sinkhole is nearly 20 feet deep and up to 12 feet wide at Doolittle Drive and Hammonton Smartville Road at the north side of the air force base.
Orange safety cones surround the sinkhole, which is currently covered by a heavy steel plate.
The road is closed from Chuck Yeager for westbound traffic and Brophy Road for eastbound drivers.
No word on what caused the piece of road to collapse.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper says the road could be closed up to a week for the repairs.