Sinkhole Closes Road Near Beale Air Force Base
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) – A road near Beale Air Force Base is closed for a few days because of a sinkhole.
The sinkhole is nearly 20 feet deep and up to 12 feet wide at Doolittle Drive and Hammonton Smartville Road at the north side of the air force base.
Orange safety cones surround the sinkhole, which is currently covered by a heavy steel plate.
The road is closed from Chuck Yeager for westbound traffic and Brophy Road for eastbound drivers.
No word on what caused the piece of road to collapse.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper says the road could be closed up to a week for the repairs.