Sinkhole Closes Road Near Beale Air Force Base
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) – A road near Beale Air Force Base is closed for a few days because of a sinkhole.
The sinkhole is nearly 20 feet deep and up to 12 feet wide at Doolittle Drive and Hammonton Smartville Road at the north side of the air force base.
Orange safety cones surround the sinkhole, which is currently covered by a heavy steel plate.
The road is closed from Chuck Yeager for westbound traffic and Brophy Road for eastbound drivers.
No word on what caused the piece of road to collapse.
The Appeal-Democrat newspaper says the road could be closed up to a week for the repairs.