MLB Slugger Manny Ramirez Draws Crowd To Sacramento River Cats
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Manny Ramirez made his West Sacramento debut to mostly cheers and few boos.
“Manny Mania” turns out to be a hit, as in a single in his first at bat at Raley Field.
The slugger with the trademark dreads was turning heads and sparking a “playoff-like” feel on a Friday night.
For a lot of fans, this wasn’t just a game but an event. It was a chance to see a two time World Series winner and MVP.
A slugger with an impressive home run total of 555 and a career that’s still alive, despite two suspensions for using performance enhancing drugs.
However, it’s a fact not lost on some fans, but Manny Mania on Friday night was louder than the skeletons in this slugger’s closet.
As concession workers donned their dreads, they served up the dogs and it became clear that Manny was welcomed with open arms, even after hitting into a rally killing double play.
Before the game he was surrounded by cameras, but Manny did not disappoint.
Relaxed and ready to not so much answer questions but throw out a few classic Manny-isms.
“I ain’t got no worries, I just take it a day at a time and go out and enjoy myself,” said Manny.
Manny did just that in his Raley Field debut.
It’s a stop on the way back to the bigs. We give it about a “B-” but Manny hopes to soon be all A’s.