Sacramento Police Kill Two Dogs At Oak Park Home
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento police officer shot and killed two dogs who reportedly charged at him aggressively Tuesday afternoon in the backyard of an Oak Park home.
Sacramento Police officers showed up at a house at 42nd and Y streets, across the street from UC Davis Medical Center, investigating a drug case. One of the officers went into the backyard of the home and three dogs reportedly started charging him.
An officer shot two of those dogs. One died at the scene and a second at a vet hospital. The third dog wasn’t injured.
One neighbor says she’s never seen the dogs be aggressive.
“That breaks my heart,” Heidi Wehmeyer said. “I loved that dog. I’ve never seen him do something bad to anybody.”
Two male suspects were taken into custody during the incident and woman was taken to an area hospital for what was believed to be injuries stemming from domestic violence.