Disney Donates Iconic “CALIFORNIA” Letters To Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disney is donating “CALIFORNIA” to Cal Expo.
Disneyland is giving a piece of its history to the Friends of the California State Fair for Cal Expo.
The 11-foot letters that spell out “CALIFORNIA” used to grace the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure. The letters were removed as part of an expansion project.
“The letters were very popular with millions of guests over the past decade, and Cal Expo is a fitting destination to continue their legacy,” said Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.
The letters are making their way to the Capital City and will be installed sometime in late September. Cal Expo officials say the letters will be placed high enough to be seen from Exposition Boulevard.