Disney Donates Iconic “CALIFORNIA” Letters To Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disney is donating “CALIFORNIA” to Cal Expo.
Disneyland is giving a piece of its history to the Friends of the California State Fair for Cal Expo.
The 11-foot letters that spell out “CALIFORNIA” used to grace the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure. The letters were removed as part of an expansion project.
“The letters were very popular with millions of guests over the past decade, and Cal Expo is a fitting destination to continue their legacy,” said Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.
The letters are making their way to the Capital City and will be installed sometime in late September. Cal Expo officials say the letters will be placed high enough to be seen from Exposition Boulevard.