Disney Donates Iconic “CALIFORNIA” Letters To Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disney is donating “CALIFORNIA” to Cal Expo.
Disneyland is giving a piece of its history to the Friends of the California State Fair for Cal Expo.
The 11-foot letters that spell out “CALIFORNIA” used to grace the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure. The letters were removed as part of an expansion project.
“The letters were very popular with millions of guests over the past decade, and Cal Expo is a fitting destination to continue their legacy,” said Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.
The letters are making their way to the Capital City and will be installed sometime in late September. Cal Expo officials say the letters will be placed high enough to be seen from Exposition Boulevard.