Disney Donates Iconic “CALIFORNIA” Letters To Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disney is donating “CALIFORNIA” to Cal Expo.
Disneyland is giving a piece of its history to the Friends of the California State Fair for Cal Expo.
The 11-foot letters that spell out “CALIFORNIA” used to grace the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure. The letters were removed as part of an expansion project.
“The letters were very popular with millions of guests over the past decade, and Cal Expo is a fitting destination to continue their legacy,” said Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.
The letters are making their way to the Capital City and will be installed sometime in late September. Cal Expo officials say the letters will be placed high enough to be seen from Exposition Boulevard.