Disney Donates Iconic “CALIFORNIA” Letters To Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Disney is donating “CALIFORNIA” to Cal Expo.
Disneyland is giving a piece of its history to the Friends of the California State Fair for Cal Expo.
The 11-foot letters that spell out “CALIFORNIA” used to grace the entrance to Disney’s California Adventure. The letters were removed as part of an expansion project.
“The letters were very popular with millions of guests over the past decade, and Cal Expo is a fitting destination to continue their legacy,” said Disneyland Resort President George A. Kalogridis.
The letters are making their way to the Capital City and will be installed sometime in late September. Cal Expo officials say the letters will be placed high enough to be seen from Exposition Boulevard.