Highway 160 In Sacramento Shut Down Due To Fire
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The California Highway Patrol has shut down westbound Highway 160 in downtown Sacramento on Friday afternoon after a grass fire created a driving hazard.
Smoke from the fire drifted onto the highway at the Royal Oaks exit. The highway was shut down at about 3:35 p.m. As of 4:05, motorists were allowed to use the right-hand lane and shoulder.
There was a report of oleander bushes on fire. The Sacramento Fire Department is on scene.
Check back at cbssacramento.com or watch the CBS13 news at 5 and 6 p.m. for more on this story.