Former Scout Leader Arrested For Sexually Abusing Boys At Camp
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE MEADOWS (CBS13) – A former Boy Scout leader in Butte County has been arrested on charges of sexual abuse with Boy Scouts while camping, according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Department.
Dustin Hedrick, 20, of Shingletown was arrested for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with two boys ages 13 and 16 between 2009 and 2012 while an adult Boy Scout leader at a Scout-owned camp in Butte Meadows, said Butte County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Hail.
In June, deputies searched Hedrick’s residence for evidence of the acts and presumably discovered evidence leading to Hedrick’s arrest. He was booked into the Butte County Jail in Oroville on six counts of forcible lewd acts on a child under age 14 and one count of electronic communications with a minor with the intent to commit sexual acts. His bail has been set at $465,000.
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact Detective Jason Miller at (530) 538-7671.