Former Scout Leader Arrested For Sexually Abusing Boys At Camp
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE MEADOWS (CBS13) – A former Boy Scout leader in Butte County has been arrested on charges of sexual abuse with Boy Scouts while camping, according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Department.
Dustin Hedrick, 20, of Shingletown was arrested for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with two boys ages 13 and 16 between 2009 and 2012 while an adult Boy Scout leader at a Scout-owned camp in Butte Meadows, said Butte County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Hail.
In June, deputies searched Hedrick’s residence for evidence of the acts and presumably discovered evidence leading to Hedrick’s arrest. He was booked into the Butte County Jail in Oroville on six counts of forcible lewd acts on a child under age 14 and one count of electronic communications with a minor with the intent to commit sexual acts. His bail has been set at $465,000.
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact Detective Jason Miller at (530) 538-7671.