Former Scout Leader Arrested For Sexually Abusing Boys At Camp
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE MEADOWS (CBS13) – A former Boy Scout leader in Butte County has been arrested on charges of sexual abuse with Boy Scouts while camping, according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Department.
Dustin Hedrick, 20, of Shingletown was arrested for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with two boys ages 13 and 16 between 2009 and 2012 while an adult Boy Scout leader at a Scout-owned camp in Butte Meadows, said Butte County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Hail.
In June, deputies searched Hedrick’s residence for evidence of the acts and presumably discovered evidence leading to Hedrick’s arrest. He was booked into the Butte County Jail in Oroville on six counts of forcible lewd acts on a child under age 14 and one count of electronic communications with a minor with the intent to commit sexual acts. His bail has been set at $465,000.
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact Detective Jason Miller at (530) 538-7671.