Former Scout Leader Arrested For Sexually Abusing Boys At Camp
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
BUTTE MEADOWS (CBS13) – A former Boy Scout leader in Butte County has been arrested on charges of sexual abuse with Boy Scouts while camping, according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Department.
Dustin Hedrick, 20, of Shingletown was arrested for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with two boys ages 13 and 16 between 2009 and 2012 while an adult Boy Scout leader at a Scout-owned camp in Butte Meadows, said Butte County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Hail.
In June, deputies searched Hedrick’s residence for evidence of the acts and presumably discovered evidence leading to Hedrick’s arrest. He was booked into the Butte County Jail in Oroville on six counts of forcible lewd acts on a child under age 14 and one count of electronic communications with a minor with the intent to commit sexual acts. His bail has been set at $465,000.
Anyone with information regarding this case should contact Detective Jason Miller at (530) 538-7671.