Boy, 12, Faces Charges For Spitting Out Of School Bus Window
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SAN DIEGO (CBS) — A 12-year-old Chula Vista boy is facing criminal charges for spitting out a school bus window.
Michael Crowe was suspended from Eastlake Middle School for five days after admitting he spit his gum out of a school bus window in January.
His spit reportedly landed on a man and his daughter who were driving in a convertible.
“He’s a boy. He had some gum and didn’t want it in his mouth anymore, he spit it out of the window,” his mother, Lisa Crowe, said.
Michael was later arrested by Chula Vista police for misdemeanor battery.
Police accused Lisa Crowe of grandstanding. Authorities say the charge would have been dropped if Crowe had written an essay, entered a diversion program and apologized.