Boy, 12, Faces Charges For Spitting Out Of School Bus Window
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (CBS) — A 12-year-old Chula Vista boy is facing criminal charges for spitting out a school bus window.
Michael Crowe was suspended from Eastlake Middle School for five days after admitting he spit his gum out of a school bus window in January.
His spit reportedly landed on a man and his daughter who were driving in a convertible.
“He’s a boy. He had some gum and didn’t want it in his mouth anymore, he spit it out of the window,” his mother, Lisa Crowe, said.
Michael was later arrested by Chula Vista police for misdemeanor battery.
Police accused Lisa Crowe of grandstanding. Authorities say the charge would have been dropped if Crowe had written an essay, entered a diversion program and apologized.