Man Gets 25 To Life For Grisly Murder
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The man convicted of a gruesome 2010 murder in Del Paso Heights in which he cut off the hand of his victim, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
On June 8, Daniel Foalima, 23, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Arun Singh.
On August 7, 2010, Singh was staying alone at his daughter’s North Avenue apartment. Neighbors heard the fire alarm go off sometime after 2 a.m. and rushed to the apartment. They found Singh, 50, dead from a combination of blunt force trauma, stab wounds and asphyxiation.
One of Singh’s hands was cut off and attempt was made to sever his other hand. Every bone in his face was also broken.
Nine days later, a tip was sent to Sacramento Police detectives that directed them to the severed hand and knives in a field nearby. The tipster, a former girlfriend of Foalima’s, eventually said she heard Foalima talking about the murder.
Foalima went to the apartment to rob Singh and then tried to start a fire and dismember the victim to cover his tracks, according to police.