Man Gets 25 To Life For Grisly Murder
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The man convicted of a gruesome 2010 murder in Del Paso Heights in which he cut off the hand of his victim, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
On June 8, Daniel Foalima, 23, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Arun Singh.
On August 7, 2010, Singh was staying alone at his daughter’s North Avenue apartment. Neighbors heard the fire alarm go off sometime after 2 a.m. and rushed to the apartment. They found Singh, 50, dead from a combination of blunt force trauma, stab wounds and asphyxiation.
One of Singh’s hands was cut off and attempt was made to sever his other hand. Every bone in his face was also broken.
Nine days later, a tip was sent to Sacramento Police detectives that directed them to the severed hand and knives in a field nearby. The tipster, a former girlfriend of Foalima’s, eventually said she heard Foalima talking about the murder.
Foalima went to the apartment to rob Singh and then tried to start a fire and dismember the victim to cover his tracks, according to police.