Man Gets 25 To Life For Grisly Murder
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The man convicted of a gruesome 2010 murder in Del Paso Heights in which he cut off the hand of his victim, has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.
On June 8, Daniel Foalima, 23, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Arun Singh.
On August 7, 2010, Singh was staying alone at his daughter’s North Avenue apartment. Neighbors heard the fire alarm go off sometime after 2 a.m. and rushed to the apartment. They found Singh, 50, dead from a combination of blunt force trauma, stab wounds and asphyxiation.
One of Singh’s hands was cut off and attempt was made to sever his other hand. Every bone in his face was also broken.
Nine days later, a tip was sent to Sacramento Police detectives that directed them to the severed hand and knives in a field nearby. The tipster, a former girlfriend of Foalima’s, eventually said she heard Foalima talking about the murder.
Foalima went to the apartment to rob Singh and then tried to start a fire and dismember the victim to cover his tracks, according to police.