Part Of Highway 20 Blocked In Grass Valley After Accident, Fire
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
GRASS VALLEY (CBS13) – A portion Highway 20 in Grass Valley was blocked off in both directions Thursday afternoon after a multi-vehicle accident that triggered an explosion, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident occurred shortly after 4 p.m. and the highway was closed down between Brighton and Ponderosa. The fire spread to a nearby hillside after a semi burst into flames.
Grass Valley police officers are turning eastbound traffic around at Rough and Ready Road and westbound at McCourtney. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes and expect extended delays in the area.
The highway was expected to be closed at least until 6:30, according to the CHP.
The grass fire covered 2 acres and was contained at about 5:10.