Part Of Highway 20 Blocked In Grass Valley After Accident, Fire
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
GRASS VALLEY (CBS13) – A portion Highway 20 in Grass Valley was blocked off in both directions Thursday afternoon after a multi-vehicle accident that triggered an explosion, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident occurred shortly after 4 p.m. and the highway was closed down between Brighton and Ponderosa. The fire spread to a nearby hillside after a semi burst into flames.
Grass Valley police officers are turning eastbound traffic around at Rough and Ready Road and westbound at McCourtney. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes and expect extended delays in the area.
The highway was expected to be closed at least until 6:30, according to the CHP.
The grass fire covered 2 acres and was contained at about 5:10.