Part Of Highway 20 Blocked In Grass Valley After Accident, Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
GRASS VALLEY (CBS13) – A portion Highway 20 in Grass Valley was blocked off in both directions Thursday afternoon after a multi-vehicle accident that triggered an explosion, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident occurred shortly after 4 p.m. and the highway was closed down between Brighton and Ponderosa. The fire spread to a nearby hillside after a semi burst into flames.
Grass Valley police officers are turning eastbound traffic around at Rough and Ready Road and westbound at McCourtney. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes and expect extended delays in the area.
The highway was expected to be closed at least until 6:30, according to the CHP.
The grass fire covered 2 acres and was contained at about 5:10.