UPDATE: Lanes Reopened After Semi Crash On I-5
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A car carrier semi-truck crashed with another vehicle on Interstate 5 near the Freeport Boulevard exit on Thursday afternoon, blocking traffic in the southbound lanes for more than two hours.
The crash involved another vehicle and happened at about 2:15 p.m. The southbound left lane was reopened at about 3:30 and all lanes reopened by 4:45, according to Caltrans.
There was sand reportedly scattered all over the roadway after the center divider was hit. Northbound lanes were not affected, according to the California Highway Patrol’s incident website.