Wife Of Convicted Deputy Killer Slashed On The Face In Attack
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Months after her husband was convicted of being a cop killer, the suspect’s wife was targeted in what’s being called a vicious knife attack.
“I still love that man, and that doesn’t make me a bad person, and it doesn’t make them a bad person for loving him,” said Angelique Topete, the wife of Marco Topete.
She’s known as the wife of a murderer, but it appears Angelique has now become a victim of a violent attack.
Woodland police say Angelique was violently slashed on the face in the area of Community Lane in a Woodland apartment complex.
She would be rushed to UC Davis Medical Center with severe trauma. Police won’t say what led up to the violent encounter.
They do say couple Tara and Jeffrey Card would later turn themselves in, and CBS13 has learned they live at the same complex as Topete.
They did not answer their door when CBS13 knocked.
Angelique is an advocate for her husband Marco, who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of Yolo County Dep. Jose Antonio Diaz in 2008.
It’s unknown whether the attack on Angelique had anything to do with her husband’s murder conviction.