Wife Of Convicted Deputy Killer Slashed On The Face In Attack
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Months after her husband was convicted of being a cop killer, the suspect’s wife was targeted in what’s being called a vicious knife attack.
“I still love that man, and that doesn’t make me a bad person, and it doesn’t make them a bad person for loving him,” said Angelique Topete, the wife of Marco Topete.
She’s known as the wife of a murderer, but it appears Angelique has now become a victim of a violent attack.
Woodland police say Angelique was violently slashed on the face in the area of Community Lane in a Woodland apartment complex.
She would be rushed to UC Davis Medical Center with severe trauma. Police won’t say what led up to the violent encounter.
They do say couple Tara and Jeffrey Card would later turn themselves in, and CBS13 has learned they live at the same complex as Topete.
They did not answer their door when CBS13 knocked.
Angelique is an advocate for her husband Marco, who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of Yolo County Dep. Jose Antonio Diaz in 2008.
It’s unknown whether the attack on Angelique had anything to do with her husband’s murder conviction.