2 Dogs Die In Carmichael House Fire
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – A home in Carmichael caught fire on Tuesday night and two dogs were killed in the blaze.
Sacramento Metro firefighters responded to the fire at 2844 La Colina Ave. and found a well-involved garage fire at the one-story home and a boat on fire in the driveway.
The two adult homeowners were able to escape the fire. However, they were unable to retrieve two small dogs. One of the dog’s owners suffered minor injuries in an attempt to retrieve the dogs prior to the arrival of Metro Fire. She was transported to UC Davis Medical Center, where she was treated and later released.
“She kind of got her hair singed a little bit,” a neighbor said.
The fire consumed the garage and damage extended into the living areas of the home. The boat located in the driveway was completely destroyed and at least two other vehicles sustained heat damage, according to Assistant Chief Walt White.
A neighboring home suffered minor heat damage, as did a vehicle parked in the driveway of that home.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.