Arson To Blame For Rancho Cordova Restaurant Fire
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A popular restaurant in Rancho Cordova was targeted by arsonists early Monday morning, say fire investigators.
The Sheepherder’s Inn was damaged by smoke from a fire that began in a nearby shed at around 4:40 a.m.
Sacramento Metro Fire Dept. crews said they could see flames coming from the Folsom Boulevard restaurant from Highway 50. They were able to get to the fire and quickly put it out. Damage was limited to the shed and the exterior of the restaurant and is estimated at $12,000.
Investigators are still trying to determine the exact cause of the fire, but a preliminary investigation found the fire was intentionally set.
No one was injured in the fire.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Metro Fire at 916-859-4300.