Arson To Blame For Rancho Cordova Restaurant Fire
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A popular restaurant in Rancho Cordova was targeted by arsonists early Monday morning, say fire investigators.
The Sheepherder’s Inn was damaged by smoke from a fire that began in a nearby shed at around 4:40 a.m.
Sacramento Metro Fire Dept. crews said they could see flames coming from the Folsom Boulevard restaurant from Highway 50. They were able to get to the fire and quickly put it out. Damage was limited to the shed and the exterior of the restaurant and is estimated at $12,000.
Investigators are still trying to determine the exact cause of the fire, but a preliminary investigation found the fire was intentionally set.
No one was injured in the fire.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Metro Fire at 916-859-4300.