Arson To Blame For Rancho Cordova Restaurant Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A popular restaurant in Rancho Cordova was targeted by arsonists early Monday morning, say fire investigators.
The Sheepherder’s Inn was damaged by smoke from a fire that began in a nearby shed at around 4:40 a.m.
Sacramento Metro Fire Dept. crews said they could see flames coming from the Folsom Boulevard restaurant from Highway 50. They were able to get to the fire and quickly put it out. Damage was limited to the shed and the exterior of the restaurant and is estimated at $12,000.
Investigators are still trying to determine the exact cause of the fire, but a preliminary investigation found the fire was intentionally set.
No one was injured in the fire.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Metro Fire at 916-859-4300.