Turlock Native Has Stellar Start With 49ers
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – It was a big TD Friday by the kid from Turlock.
Fans of the San Francisco 49ers hoping for another championship run this year, got to see a huge highlight run from Colin Kaepernick.
It was seven points for number seven.
Turlock native Kaepernick is making a quick impression on 49er fans.
“So it was crazy. He was high stepping. Breaking tackles. It was amazing,” said one fan.
His rookie season over, now Kaepernick is trying to show he can be a sophomore sensation. On this night he was.
Kaepernick’s parents Rick and Theresa watch their son’s NFL career from the same Turlock home where they raised him.
“You’re a proud parent,” said Rick about seeing the last name on the jersey.
Now the Kaepernick name is catching on.
One fan is already showing the ultimate form of support, a replica jersey.
“He’s a quality quarterback. He can throw the ball, run the ball. That’s it,” said the fan.
Kaepernick, Turlock phenomenon, on this night he was the 49er’s star.
So first 49er preseason game down, if Kaepernick could have a performance like this every night, his spot with San Francisco will be 49er gold.
Kaepernick’s 78-yard touchdown run helped the 49ers to a 17-6 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
Next week, the 49ers play in Houston.