UPDATE: Sutter County Jail Inmate Back In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – A man who escaped from the Sutter County Jail on Wednesday night was arrested Friday afternoon and returned to custody.
Johnathan Nickolas Pattee, 26, was spotted by a Marysville police officer around noon and arrested without incident, according to the Sutter County Sheriff’s Department. He was being transported back to the Sutter County Jail.
The Appeal-Democrat reports that Pattee’s girlfriend, Dora Ann Willsey, 35, of Smartsville, on suspicion of aiding in the escape.
Pattee escaped from the jail just after 10 Wednesday night through a fire door, then cleared a 14-foot fence where there was a gap in the barbed wire.
Pattee had been serving a three-year sentence for driving a car without consent. He now faces an additional felony charge for the escape.