Mendocino County Fire Continues To Spread
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – A wildfire in a rugged and remote area of Mendocino County continues to spread into a wilderness area, though firefighters are making progress in surrounding the blaze.
Fire officials say the North Pass Fire, burning northeast of Covelo, is 48 percent contained after consuming nearly 62 square miles.
Five homes and seven outbuildings have been destroyed by the fire, while 23 homes and five commercial properties remained threatened.
Meanwhile, a Santa Rosa man is facing charges after authorities say he threatened a firefighter with a shotgun after the firefighter came upon a marijuana garden.
The firefighter was checking on damage and conducting fire suppression work in a mandatory evacuation area on Thursday when a man pointed the gun at the firefighter and told him to leave the area.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)