Big Rig Carrying Potato Chips Flips On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
PENRYN (CBS13) – Lack of sleep appears to be the cause in a big rig crash in Penryn.
A big rig carrying 25-pound bags of dehydrated potato chips was driving along Interstate 80 near Penryn Road early Tuesday morning when the accident happened.
The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel before driving off the road and flipping the rig on its side in an embankment, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Crews had to unload the chips before hauling the truck away.