Big Rig Carrying Potato Chips Flips On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
PENRYN (CBS13) – Lack of sleep appears to be the cause in a big rig crash in Penryn.
A big rig carrying 25-pound bags of dehydrated potato chips was driving along Interstate 80 near Penryn Road early Tuesday morning when the accident happened.
The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel before driving off the road and flipping the rig on its side in an embankment, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Crews had to unload the chips before hauling the truck away.