Big Rig Carrying Potato Chips Flips On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PENRYN (CBS13) – Lack of sleep appears to be the cause in a big rig crash in Penryn.
A big rig carrying 25-pound bags of dehydrated potato chips was driving along Interstate 80 near Penryn Road early Tuesday morning when the accident happened.
The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel before driving off the road and flipping the rig on its side in an embankment, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Crews had to unload the chips before hauling the truck away.