Big Rig Carrying Potato Chips Flips On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
PENRYN (CBS13) – Lack of sleep appears to be the cause in a big rig crash in Penryn.
A big rig carrying 25-pound bags of dehydrated potato chips was driving along Interstate 80 near Penryn Road early Tuesday morning when the accident happened.
The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel before driving off the road and flipping the rig on its side in an embankment, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Crews had to unload the chips before hauling the truck away.