Big Rig Carrying Potato Chips Flips On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PENRYN (CBS13) – Lack of sleep appears to be the cause in a big rig crash in Penryn.
A big rig carrying 25-pound bags of dehydrated potato chips was driving along Interstate 80 near Penryn Road early Tuesday morning when the accident happened.
The driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel before driving off the road and flipping the rig on its side in an embankment, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was taken to the hospital where his condition is unknown.
Crews had to unload the chips before hauling the truck away.