Davis Named One Of The Best Cities For The ‘Rich And Single’
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – The city of Davis has been recognized by a national magazine for all it has to offer especially if you’re looking for love and you have money.
It’s the latest in a string of honors for the Valley town and home to UC Davis.
“We’ve been named one of the best places in the US to be rich and single,” explained David Bowen, public relations manager for the city of Davis.
This honor comes from Money Magazine’s list of America’s Best Small Cities. But this is far from a first for Davis.
“We’ve been names one of the five friendliest cities in the US. We’ve been named Top 10 America Dream Towns, the highest ranking for bicycle friendly community…” Bowen said listing honors.
And the list goes on including one of the best downtowns for a college town, one of the 50 best places to live in the US as a small town, and America’s favorite large farmer’s markets.
That’s a lot of praise for this city of about 65,000.
When it comes to the overall lifestyle of living here, residents can’t say enough.
“Davis is a great place to live. I’ve lived here for 30 years raised two kids here,” said Sally Madden.
Another recent honor for the area, UC Davis was named as the coolest school for sustainability and climate change efforts.