Friends Of Vacaville Teen Killed In Hawaii Plan Memorial In Her Honor
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – Friends of a Vacaville teen who died in a jet ski crash while on vacation in Hawaii plan to build a memorial in her honor.
They held a car wash and bake sale at Vacaville High School to raise money to create a memorial bench for Kristen Fonseca.
The 16-year-old died last month in Hawaii when a man riding a jet ski slammed into the back of her jet-ski.
Her friends say it’s important for them to create this memorial.
“We all love her and miss her and wish she could be here with us. We would’ve been doing this for a different cause but its for Kristen, so..,” explained Kristen’s friend Ana Diaz.
They hope to raise $2,000 for a bench in her memory.
The operator of the other jet ski was sentenced last week to probation for negligent homicide.