Friends Of Vacaville Teen Killed In Hawaii Plan Memorial In Her Honor
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – Friends of a Vacaville teen who died in a jet ski crash while on vacation in Hawaii plan to build a memorial in her honor.
They held a car wash and bake sale at Vacaville High School to raise money to create a memorial bench for Kristen Fonseca.
The 16-year-old died last month in Hawaii when a man riding a jet ski slammed into the back of her jet-ski.
Her friends say it’s important for them to create this memorial.
“We all love her and miss her and wish she could be here with us. We would’ve been doing this for a different cause but its for Kristen, so..,” explained Kristen’s friend Ana Diaz.
They hope to raise $2,000 for a bench in her memory.
The operator of the other jet ski was sentenced last week to probation for negligent homicide.