Appliance Thief To Blame For Explosion At Empty Ceres Home
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Authorities say the explosion that rocked a Ceres neighborhood and destroyed a vacant home on Saturday was caused by an appliance thief, according to the Modesto Bee.
A ruptured gas line exploded Saturday inside the home on Foster Drive, and sent shrapnel in all directions. It knocked out windows on 21 neighboring homes.
Drywall, wood and pieces of the roof were ripped off and sitting in the middle of the street.
The explosion leveled the home threatened to start nearby houses on fire.
Firefighters and PG&E crews quickly filled the streets and went to work.
Amazingly no one was injured in the blast.