Appliance Thief To Blame For Explosion At Empty Ceres Home
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CERES (CBS13) – Authorities say the explosion that rocked a Ceres neighborhood and destroyed a vacant home on Saturday was caused by an appliance thief, according to the Modesto Bee.
A ruptured gas line exploded Saturday inside the home on Foster Drive, and sent shrapnel in all directions. It knocked out windows on 21 neighboring homes.
Drywall, wood and pieces of the roof were ripped off and sitting in the middle of the street.
The explosion leveled the home threatened to start nearby houses on fire.
Firefighters and PG&E crews quickly filled the streets and went to work.
Amazingly no one was injured in the blast.