Sacramento Area Events To Remember 9/11
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Communities all over the nation are holding events in member of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
While large ceremonies will be held at the three attack locations in New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, there will also be events in the Sacramento area for people to attend and reflect.
REMEMBERING 9/11: Remembering 9/11 Section
At Cal Expo, the September 11 Memorial Plaza will be open to the general public at 8 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. Parking at Cal Expo this day will be free as well as admission to the memorial.
SLIDESHOW: Sacramento’s ‘Run To Remember’
Also in Sacramento, Sacramento Area Firefighters are holding their annual Memorial Climb. The event honors the 343 Firefighters of FDNY that died at the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. The climb begins at 8:00 a.m at the “Renaissance Tower” located in downtown Sacramento. Each of the sworn fire fighters participating will place the name of a Fallen Brother on the back of their turnout coat and carry it 110 floors to the roof. All proceeds from this event will benefit the FDNY Widows and Orphans Fund.
In West Sacramento, a local man, John Vinson, has once again created a memorial display to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11. Vinson has placed thousands of American flags in a 5-acre lot at the corner of Jefferson Boulevard and South River Road in West Sacramento. The community is encouraged to come out and pay their respects.