Sacramento Area Events To Remember 9/11
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Communities all over the nation are holding events in member of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
While large ceremonies will be held at the three attack locations in New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, there will also be events in the Sacramento area for people to attend and reflect.
REMEMBERING 9/11: Remembering 9/11 Section
At Cal Expo, the September 11 Memorial Plaza will be open to the general public at 8 a.m. and close at 6 p.m. Parking at Cal Expo this day will be free as well as admission to the memorial.
SLIDESHOW: Sacramento’s ‘Run To Remember’
Also in Sacramento, Sacramento Area Firefighters are holding their annual Memorial Climb. The event honors the 343 Firefighters of FDNY that died at the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. The climb begins at 8:00 a.m at the “Renaissance Tower” located in downtown Sacramento. Each of the sworn fire fighters participating will place the name of a Fallen Brother on the back of their turnout coat and carry it 110 floors to the roof. All proceeds from this event will benefit the FDNY Widows and Orphans Fund.
In West Sacramento, a local man, John Vinson, has once again created a memorial display to honor those who lost their lives on 9/11. Vinson has placed thousands of American flags in a 5-acre lot at the corner of Jefferson Boulevard and South River Road in West Sacramento. The community is encouraged to come out and pay their respects.