Sacramento Man Admits To Setting His Home On Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man is in custody after he admitted to setting fire to his mobile home.
The fire began at around 5:30 a.m. Friday inside the home on Bentley Avenue just off Florin Road. Initial reports indicated someone was inside the home, but this turned out to false.
First responders at the home had a hard time getting enough water on the structure, so more firefighting crews had to be called out.
Police say an officer was driving on Mack Road in the area of Franklin Boulevard when he saw a man riding a motorized scooter on the sidewalk and the officer stopped to see if he was OK. The 53-year-old man replied that he had set his home on fire. When the officer saw the smoke in the air, he took the man into custody. The man faces felony criminal charges.
The exact cause of the blaze is under investigation. Police say a lighter was in the man’s pocket when he was arrested.
No one was injured in the fire.