Sacramento Man Admits To Setting His Home On Fire
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man is in custody after he admitted to setting fire to his mobile home.
The fire began at around 5:30 a.m. Friday inside the home on Bentley Avenue just off Florin Road. Initial reports indicated someone was inside the home, but this turned out to false.
First responders at the home had a hard time getting enough water on the structure, so more firefighting crews had to be called out.
Police say an officer was driving on Mack Road in the area of Franklin Boulevard when he saw a man riding a motorized scooter on the sidewalk and the officer stopped to see if he was OK. The 53-year-old man replied that he had set his home on fire. When the officer saw the smoke in the air, he took the man into custody. The man faces felony criminal charges.
The exact cause of the blaze is under investigation. Police say a lighter was in the man’s pocket when he was arrested.
No one was injured in the fire.