Vehicle Stolen In Modesto With 8-Year-Old Sleeping In Backseat
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
MODESTO (CBS13) – A car with an 8-year-old boy sleeping in the backseat was stolen during a fight Thursday night.
Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to a fight at a residence near Olympia Street and Butte Avenue around 9 p.m.
During the course of the fight, a 2002 black Mercury Grand Marquis containing the boy was stolen by a female suspect.
Deputies say that the Mercury owner had gone to the residence with his 8-year-old son and nephew to address bullying issues involving the nephew and members of a gang. The boy was left behind asleep in the vehicle.
The two decided to leave after the fight broke out, and that’s when they discovered the vehicle was missing.
The boy was immediately found unharmed around the corner in the 1700 block of Dallas Street after the suspect reportedly noticed him asleep in the car, pulled over and had him get out.
The investigation is ongoing, but deputies do not believe it was an attempted kidnapping.
Currently, there is no description of the female suspect.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can call the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department at (209) 525-7114. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.