Vehicle Stolen In Modesto With 8-Year-Old Sleeping In Backseat
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A car with an 8-year-old boy sleeping in the backseat was stolen during a fight Thursday night.
Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies responded to a fight at a residence near Olympia Street and Butte Avenue around 9 p.m.
During the course of the fight, a 2002 black Mercury Grand Marquis containing the boy was stolen by a female suspect.
Deputies say that the Mercury owner had gone to the residence with his 8-year-old son and nephew to address bullying issues involving the nephew and members of a gang. The boy was left behind asleep in the vehicle.
The two decided to leave after the fight broke out, and that’s when they discovered the vehicle was missing.
The boy was immediately found unharmed around the corner in the 1700 block of Dallas Street after the suspect reportedly noticed him asleep in the car, pulled over and had him get out.
The investigation is ongoing, but deputies do not believe it was an attempted kidnapping.
Currently, there is no description of the female suspect.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can call the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department at (209) 525-7114. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.