Riverside County Man Reportedly Shoves Youth Soccer Player, Kicks Referee
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
CATHEDRAL CITY, Calif. (AP) — Riverside County authorities say a man angry about a referee’s call at a youth soccer game ran on to the field, shoved a 9-year-old player to the ground and kicked the referee.
Jail records showed Monday that 38-year-old Rafael Delfin Sequeda was being held on $2,500 bail at Indio Larson Justice Center, suspected on two counts of battery.
A sheriff’s statement says Sequeda, who is from Cathedral City, was arrested Saturday at the soccer game at Thousand Palms Community Park in Thousand Palms.
It is not clear if Sequeda was a parent or had some other reason for being at the game.
Contact information to get comment from Sequeda or an attorney could not be found.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)