CHP Investigating Fatal Morning Crash On Interstate 5 In Galt
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An investigation is under way after a man died in an crash on Interstate 5 near Twin Cities Road early Friday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened about 6:20 a.m. when a 1993 Toyota Paseo and a Ford Fiesta collided in the northbound lanes of Interstate 5.
Witnesses told CHP that the Toyota was traveling in the southbound lanes when it crossed over the median and spun out of control into the northbound lanes directly into the path of the Ford.
The Ford slammed into the Toyota, forcing both vehicles onto the shoulder of the freeway.
The driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Ford Fiesta had to be cut from her car. She was taken to a nearby hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released.