CHP Investigating Fatal Morning Crash On Interstate 5 In Galt
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An investigation is under way after a man died in an crash on Interstate 5 near Twin Cities Road early Friday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened about 6:20 a.m. when a 1993 Toyota Paseo and a Ford Fiesta collided in the northbound lanes of Interstate 5.
Witnesses told CHP that the Toyota was traveling in the southbound lanes when it crossed over the median and spun out of control into the northbound lanes directly into the path of the Ford.
The Ford slammed into the Toyota, forcing both vehicles onto the shoulder of the freeway.
The driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Ford Fiesta had to be cut from her car. She was taken to a nearby hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released.