CHP Investigating Fatal Morning Crash On Interstate 5 In Galt
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An investigation is under way after a man died in an crash on Interstate 5 near Twin Cities Road early Friday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened about 6:20 a.m. when a 1993 Toyota Paseo and a Ford Fiesta collided in the northbound lanes of Interstate 5.
Witnesses told CHP that the Toyota was traveling in the southbound lanes when it crossed over the median and spun out of control into the northbound lanes directly into the path of the Ford.
The Ford slammed into the Toyota, forcing both vehicles onto the shoulder of the freeway.
The driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Ford Fiesta had to be cut from her car. She was taken to a nearby hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released.