CHP Investigating Fatal Morning Crash On Interstate 5 In Galt
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An investigation is under way after a man died in an crash on Interstate 5 near Twin Cities Road early Friday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened about 6:20 a.m. when a 1993 Toyota Paseo and a Ford Fiesta collided in the northbound lanes of Interstate 5.
Witnesses told CHP that the Toyota was traveling in the southbound lanes when it crossed over the median and spun out of control into the northbound lanes directly into the path of the Ford.
The Ford slammed into the Toyota, forcing both vehicles onto the shoulder of the freeway.
The driver of the Toyota was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Ford Fiesta had to be cut from her car. She was taken to a nearby hospital with minor to moderate injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released.