UPDATE: Gas Leak Capped, Evacuations Lifted In Antelope
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – A ruptured gas line forced the evacuation of several homes in Antelope on Friday morning.
The line was capped and the evacuation was lifted at about 11:45 a.m.
A construction crew working on a sidewalk on Singing Tree Way and Walerga Road sliced into the natural gas line at about 10:15, prompting the evacuation of 10 homes and “stay-in-place” orders for other nearby residents.
A breeze in the area prevented the gas from stagnating in the area, a Sac Metro firefighter said.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to the scene along with PG&E. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department and California Highway Patrol assisted with traffic control.