UPDATE: Gas Leak Capped, Evacuations Lifted In Antelope
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – A ruptured gas line forced the evacuation of several homes in Antelope on Friday morning.
The line was capped and the evacuation was lifted at about 11:45 a.m.
A construction crew working on a sidewalk on Singing Tree Way and Walerga Road sliced into the natural gas line at about 10:15, prompting the evacuation of 10 homes and “stay-in-place” orders for other nearby residents.
A breeze in the area prevented the gas from stagnating in the area, a Sac Metro firefighter said.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to the scene along with PG&E. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department and California Highway Patrol assisted with traffic control.