UPDATE: Gas Leak Capped, Evacuations Lifted In Antelope
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – A ruptured gas line forced the evacuation of several homes in Antelope on Friday morning.
The line was capped and the evacuation was lifted at about 11:45 a.m.
A construction crew working on a sidewalk on Singing Tree Way and Walerga Road sliced into the natural gas line at about 10:15, prompting the evacuation of 10 homes and “stay-in-place” orders for other nearby residents.
A breeze in the area prevented the gas from stagnating in the area, a Sac Metro firefighter said.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to the scene along with PG&E. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department and California Highway Patrol assisted with traffic control.