UPDATE: Gas Leak Capped, Evacuations Lifted In Antelope
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – A ruptured gas line forced the evacuation of several homes in Antelope on Friday morning.
The line was capped and the evacuation was lifted at about 11:45 a.m.
A construction crew working on a sidewalk on Singing Tree Way and Walerga Road sliced into the natural gas line at about 10:15, prompting the evacuation of 10 homes and “stay-in-place” orders for other nearby residents.
A breeze in the area prevented the gas from stagnating in the area, a Sac Metro firefighter said.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to the scene along with PG&E. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department and California Highway Patrol assisted with traffic control.