UPDATE: Interstate 5 Reopens After Fatal Crash Involving Pedestrian
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All lanes of northbound Interstate 5 near J Street in downtown Sacramento are now open as officials investigate a fatal accident involving a pedestrian.
The accident was first reported at 4:48 Tuesday morning near Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the first person to hit the pedestrian pulled over. A second vehicle then hit the victim who was lying in the roadway. That driver also pulled over. It appears the victim may have been hit by additional vehicles, according to CHP.
Traffic in the area was backed up to Highway 50.
The investigation is ongoing. It’s unclear why the person was walking on the roadway. The person’s identity has not been released.