UPDATE: Interstate 5 Reopens After Fatal Crash Involving Pedestrian
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All lanes of northbound Interstate 5 near J Street in downtown Sacramento are now open as officials investigate a fatal accident involving a pedestrian.
The accident was first reported at 4:48 Tuesday morning near Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the first person to hit the pedestrian pulled over. A second vehicle then hit the victim who was lying in the roadway. That driver also pulled over. It appears the victim may have been hit by additional vehicles, according to CHP.
Traffic in the area was backed up to Highway 50.
The investigation is ongoing. It’s unclear why the person was walking on the roadway. The person’s identity has not been released.