UPDATE: Interstate 5 Reopens After Fatal Crash Involving Pedestrian
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All lanes of northbound Interstate 5 near J Street in downtown Sacramento are now open as officials investigate a fatal accident involving a pedestrian.
The accident was first reported at 4:48 Tuesday morning near Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the first person to hit the pedestrian pulled over. A second vehicle then hit the victim who was lying in the roadway. That driver also pulled over. It appears the victim may have been hit by additional vehicles, according to CHP.
Traffic in the area was backed up to Highway 50.
The investigation is ongoing. It’s unclear why the person was walking on the roadway. The person’s identity has not been released.