UPDATE: Interstate 5 Reopens After Fatal Crash Involving Pedestrian
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All lanes of northbound Interstate 5 near J Street in downtown Sacramento are now open as officials investigate a fatal accident involving a pedestrian.
The accident was first reported at 4:48 Tuesday morning near Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the first person to hit the pedestrian pulled over. A second vehicle then hit the victim who was lying in the roadway. That driver also pulled over. It appears the victim may have been hit by additional vehicles, according to CHP.
Traffic in the area was backed up to Highway 50.
The investigation is ongoing. It’s unclear why the person was walking on the roadway. The person’s identity has not been released.