UPDATE: Interstate 5 Reopens After Fatal Crash Involving Pedestrian
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All lanes of northbound Interstate 5 near J Street in downtown Sacramento are now open as officials investigate a fatal accident involving a pedestrian.
The accident was first reported at 4:48 Tuesday morning near Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the first person to hit the pedestrian pulled over. A second vehicle then hit the victim who was lying in the roadway. That driver also pulled over. It appears the victim may have been hit by additional vehicles, according to CHP.
Traffic in the area was backed up to Highway 50.
The investigation is ongoing. It’s unclear why the person was walking on the roadway. The person’s identity has not been released.