$23M Question: Who Won California Lottery Jackpot?
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LOS ANGELES (AP) — California lottery officials say they believe a mystery woman bought a ticket worth $23 million in Palmdale, but hasn’t cashed it in yet.
Spokesman Alex Traverso said Wednesday the woman has less than a month left to claim her fortune with the ticket she bought at Michael’s Market & Liquor.
Lottery officials synced the time the ticket was sold on May 30 to the surveillance video to determine that a dark-haired woman in a blue or purple top purchased the ticket.
Store manager Ben Sadi says there is an oversized check and signs around the store about the jackpot win.
Sadi says the store had only been in business three weeks and there weren’t many customers when the woman came in, but business has picked up considerably since the win.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.