UPDATED: Man Found Dead In Home Identified, Ruled Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – An unknown person walked into a Stockton restaurant and handed an employee a note, leading police to a homicide.
Around 10 p.m. Friday, a person wearing all dark clothing and a hooded sweatshirt, walked into a restaurant on Charter Way and handed an employee a note requesting that someone have police search a residence in the 2400 block of Waterloo Road near Highway 99. The person then left the restaurant.
At the home, sheriff’s deputies discovered 20-year-old Jorge Equiluz deceased, with a gun shot wound to the head.
Detectives are currently investigating, but so far have said there are no signs of forced entry, theft or a struggle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office at (209) 468-4400; or to remain anonymous, text any information to 274637 (CRIMES).