UPDATED: Man Found Dead In Home Identified, Ruled Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – An unknown person walked into a Stockton restaurant and handed an employee a note, leading police to a homicide.
Around 10 p.m. Friday, a person wearing all dark clothing and a hooded sweatshirt, walked into a restaurant on Charter Way and handed an employee a note requesting that someone have police search a residence in the 2400 block of Waterloo Road near Highway 99. The person then left the restaurant.
At the home, sheriff’s deputies discovered 20-year-old Jorge Equiluz deceased, with a gun shot wound to the head.
Detectives are currently investigating, but so far have said there are no signs of forced entry, theft or a struggle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office at (209) 468-4400; or to remain anonymous, text any information to 274637 (CRIMES).