Uncle Charged With Murder In Death Of 5-Month-Old Nephew
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man who had been arrested for felony child endangerment has now been charged with murder after the death of his 5-month-old nephew.
The Sacramento Police Department arrested Wendell Taghap, 36, last Thursday for cruelty to a child under circumstances likely to produce great bodily harm or death. Tuesday, they changed the charge to murder after the baby died.
The baby’s mother returned home to an apartment on Truxel Road in Natomas last Wednesday and her baby appeared to be napping, but when she later checked on him, he was unresponsive, police said.
He was taken to a local hospital Wednesday night and officers responded to a report by medical personnel of possible child abuse.
Because to the suspicious nature of the injuries, homicide detectives and crime scene investigators were called.
Based on the medical examination and treatment, a previous report of possible neglect or abuse and statements obtained during the investigation, detectives determined that Taghap was responsible for injuring the child, police said.