Uncle Charged With Murder In Death Of 5-Month-Old Nephew
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man who had been arrested for felony child endangerment has now been charged with murder after the death of his 5-month-old nephew.
The Sacramento Police Department arrested Wendell Taghap, 36, last Thursday for cruelty to a child under circumstances likely to produce great bodily harm or death. Tuesday, they changed the charge to murder after the baby died.
The baby’s mother returned home to an apartment on Truxel Road in Natomas last Wednesday and her baby appeared to be napping, but when she later checked on him, he was unresponsive, police said.
He was taken to a local hospital Wednesday night and officers responded to a report by medical personnel of possible child abuse.
Because to the suspicious nature of the injuries, homicide detectives and crime scene investigators were called.
Based on the medical examination and treatment, a previous report of possible neglect or abuse and statements obtained during the investigation, detectives determined that Taghap was responsible for injuring the child, police said.