Garage Explodes Into Flames In South Sacramento
You might also like...
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A garage exploded into flames in south Sacramento on Thursday afternoon as firefighters scrambled to keep it from spreading.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded to home at 8165 Dunes Court to a garage fully engulfed.
Neighbors first tried to attack the flames with garden hoses after breaking out some windows. A boat next to the garage also caught fire, but the firefighters were able to put out the flames before the main house was destroyed. The attic sustained some damage and the inside of the house suffered some smoke damage.
Nobody was home when the fire broke out. A dog and a cat were rescued.
The damage to the garage was estimated at $40,000.