Woman Badly Injured In Truxel Road 3-Car Accident
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman suffered serious leg injuries Monday night after the car she was in was rear-ended and then she was hit again after she got out to assess the damage.
The accident happened on Truxel Road just south of San Juan Road in Natomas shortly before 6 p.m.
It was rush hour and a BMW was stopped at the light when investigators say it was rear-ended by a Toyota Camry.
But what happened next was truly terrifying as the passenger of the BMW got out of the car at the same time a Honda Civic was approaching.
“The Honda was coming up the left lane and didn’t realize cars were stopped and swerved into the right lane, trying to avoid rear-ending the previous collision, lost control and slide,” said Lt. Tom Sweeney.
The Civic hit the woman and she was hospitalized with what police called serious injuries.
But as investigators worked to figure out exactly what happened, they found themselves in harm’s way. They say a drunk driver entered the already-chaotic scene. Officers say they smelled alcohol on the driver’s breath.
“We asked him to stop, put his car in park. He said no and he continued to drive. Told him to stop again. I reached in to turn off the car,” Officer John Morris said.
That man was arrested for driving under the influence.
As for the woman, she was taken to UC Davis Medical Center where she has some pretty serious leg injuries, but she’s expected to survive. The driver of the Honda Civic isn’t facing any charges.