Third Person Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms At Loomis Elder Care Facility

LOOMIS (CBS13) – A third person has died after eating poisonous mushrooms used in a soup at an assisted living home in Placer County earlier this month.

The California Department of Social Services confirmed that a third person has died after eating soup made with wild mushrooms at the Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility on Horseshoe Bar Road in Loomis on Nov. 8.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as Frank Warren Blodgett, 90. He died Saturday in Sacramento County.

The two other victims were identified as 86-year-old Barbara Lopes and 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz.

The Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility is licensed to hold up to six residents.

The incident is still under investigation by the Social Services, the agency that licenses senior care facilities. There is no criminal case pending in Placer County, the sheriff’s office said.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Tickets to aftershock now on sale
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live